Saturday, October 3, 2009

Flies are Evil!

Seriously, they are! I have no idea why God decided to create them. Surely there is no good purpose for them except maybe frog food and honestly I'm thinking maybe God could have picked a DIFFERENT kind of food for frogs. Really.

(Oh, you know what else is completely useless??? Lice! I don't know why I just thought of that really, just an odd revelation. I digress. Back to flies)....

We drove out to Ontario today to watch my nephew play football. It was very fun watching him play (though they did lose unfortunately), BUT ..... I cannot possibly convey to you just how MANY flies there were!!! It was just WRONG!!

If I had taken a picture of it, it might look something like this ..... TIMES 1000!!!
You think I'm exaggerating, but sadly, I am not.

I know GROSS!! But just imagine, if you will, this multiplied by 1000, and they are EVERYWHERE. You can't get away from them. They were even in my sister in laws purse for crying out loud!! What in the world are they after in her purse??

You might be asking WHY this partiular area of Ontario has soooo many flies.... welll, let me SHOW you....

The football field was a stone's throw away from COWS!!! So not only did we enjoy a festival of flies, but it was accompanied by the unmistakable odor of POOP.

And the best part of it all is that I used to live about 5 miles from there and used to deal with that EVERY FREAKIN DAY when we first moved there!! Though I will say, that my neighborhood has many, many less flies now that most of the dairys are gone. BUT I think I've seen maybe 3 flies since I've moved to Yorba Linda and it NEVER smells like cow poop! Ever! So that my friends, is a happy thing!
Oh, and you know what else?? Flies POOP!! Bet ya never thought of that before have you? Well I know that everything poops, but have you actually ever seen fly poop??? Welll, I HAVE! And let me tell you, it is not a pretty thing. Little black "dots" alllll over everything. Nice huh?

I DO NOT miss flies. I hate them. They are evil.

3 comments:

  1. i agree flies are worthless , I dont know if i could of handled staying at that game. eeek

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crack up. THaNKFULLY I have NEVER had to deal with lice. Flies, yes...lol. GROSS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes. yuk. ewwwwww. and I thought the flies were bad in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete