Saturday, October 24, 2009

Birthdays, Disneyland and Fruit Loops

I can hardly believe that my baby is 6!

We took advantage of the free ticket Disneyland offers on your birthday and headed to the Happiest Place on Earth! Montana, Emily (one her BFF's) and me. We managed to go on 7 rides in 4 hours. Not too bad! We probably could have gotten 1 more in if Montana hadn't lost her brand new digital camera (that she'd now had for a total of about 3 hours) somewhere along the way and didn't have to back track to try to find it. (No luck :( But Daddy came to the rescue and ran to Walmart to replace it before we got home!). Lucky for me it was only a $20 camera! But we did manage to make it onto Small World, Tea Cups (barf), Dumbo (again, more spinning?), Pirates of the Carribean, Thunder Mountain (a first for Montana, they were brave 6 year olds!) Splash Mountain (a new ride for both of the girls, and quite scary. I won't lie, there were tears), and we managed to squeeze in Buzz Light Year before heading to Down Town Disney for Build a Bear!


Aunt Laura treated Montana to her pick of bears and an outfit of her choice and also treated Emily and Hazel (Montana's other BFF!) to an animal as well. Sooo sweet!! I threw in a couple of shirts so that they wouldn't leave naked (the animals that is, not the girls), and wha-la, 3 very happy friends with 3 brand new cuddly friends!!



For dinner, I let Tana know that she could have anything she wanted. Her first choice, Lobster. Hmmm, you have to wait until you're 10 for that I said. Her response, "OK, then I want Fruit Loops!". I did ask her again several times that week just to be sure but she stuck with it. So the Birthday Girl got her wish and had a big bowl of Fruit Loops for dinner! Lucky me! :) And of course, some yummy Hello Kitty cake for dessert. :)

A successful 6th birthday for sure. Hanging with her two BFF's, lots of fun presents, Build A Bear, Disneyland, and Fruit Loops!

No comments:

Post a Comment