Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No More 5 Year Olds :(

Welll friends, today is the very last day EVER that I will be the Momma of a 5 year old! Unless God does something weird and miraculous (which I am superlyduper hoping He does NOT!). My baby, Montana, is turning 6 tommorrow! Exciting and actually sad at the same time! Don't get me wrong, I am sooo loving the fact that she can dress herself (she is INSISTENT on picking out her own clothes each morning, and I'm OK with that even when they are clothes that I may not choose myself, EXCEPT on picture day. It WAS a struggle, but I did win that one. :) ), and that she can bathe herself, pick up afterself (on occassion), sorta kinda do her homework on her own and even tie her own shoes (in a round about sort of way).... :) .....

But remember how Tana is on this kick lately where she wants to watch home videos allll the time? Well, that's when I get sad and missing my sweet little baby girl :( I almost forget that she had that little raspy voice and her long hair and runny nose (she had allergies for her entire 1st year!... thanks for the genes Daddy!... thank God she outgrew them!)....
Soo tommorrow is her special day and we are celebrating it at Disneyland! The Happiest Place on Earth (especially when its NOT Gay Day!.. woo hoo).... :) .... Can you say "yay for free pass on your bday"?. And it sooo happens that one of her BFF's also happens to have a pass and so they are both getting to ditch school to go to visit Mickey and Donald! (Pictures to follow tomorrow).... She did inform me that now that she is 6, she will not only be going on the Tea Cups and Dumbo, but also the Matterhorn! We shall see. :) Who knows, maybe I can even talk her into the Tower of Terror... hee hee.

Now, here is the cake that I made her... remember, the cake classes that I've been attending? Believe it or not I have since had TWO, yes.... hard to belive... TWO wedding cake requests... shocking and VERY SCARY..... I pretty much told them that if they were into clowns and rainbows that I was game! :) .... But Tana had something else in mind... wellll, first she wanted HER face on the cake. Once I told her that I hadn't quite gotten to that class yet, she settled for Hello Kitty. :) So, here goes friends....

3 comments:

  1. Lori,

    I so enjoyed reading this and looking at the pictures. The cake looks incredible! Nicky will be turning 7 this weekend...wish you were closer so you could do a cake for him!

    Hope you are well.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori it came out so great!! looks perfect!!! happy Birthday to little miss tana!

    ~sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics, cute cake....have a fun fun day!!!

    ReplyDelete