Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

So I celebrated my almost 40th birthday (OK, 38, but who's counting right?) last Sunday. The orginal plan was to go to Disneyland and spend a few hours since I got a FREE ticket on my birthday. However, since we are cheapskates, Greg's annual pass that we purchased a week before when it was McKenna's birthday, doesn't allow for Sunday visits to the park. Sooo, a no go because as enticing as it sounds to visit the Happiest Place on Earth on a Sunday alllll by myself, I just couldn't quite pull it off. BESIDES.... I had forgotten allll about GAY DAY. Yep, you heard me right ladies and gentlemen. It was annual Gay Day (or weekend) 2009 at the Happiest Place on Earth. I'm not sure if the goal there is to be politically correct, or just create a mockery of individualism or what. But let me just tell you that even spending a few hours on the outskirts of Disney in Downtown Disney for lunch and people watching was some entertaining and scary stuff. I left my children at home (Thanks Laura!). I was glad. If I had felt that I could have gotten away with it, I would have taken some pictures to post for you. But alas, I do have SOME level of public manners in tact.

I did, however, get to sleep in and enjoy a homemade breakfast of my favorite, Banana Walnut Pancakes thanks to Greg and the girls, as well as some very yummy Fried Chicken for dinner (again GO GREG!), my favorite! And of course mashed potatoes, and cake too! Some roses from my garden (that Greg planted for me in February for Valentines Day) and some very sweet homemade cards and gifts from the girls and some scrapping stuff. :) My favorite. Very fun!



































These sweet cards and 'coupons' are my very favorite things to get from my kiddos. :) They even painted little things for me and found various little items that belonged to them and wrapped them up for me for presents. So sweet!
There was also an impromptu bout of entertainment on behalf of Madison at the dinner table that I'd like to share. But if you see her walking down the street, please don't embarrass the poor girl by asking for her autograph. She would be mortified if she knew that I posted this. :) But its way too cute and funny not too. hee hee.


OK... and finally... I got this super yummy recipe from Christy for Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes! And let me tell you, they reallllly are YUMMY!! Sooo, I'm in TJ Maxx and I find, of all things, a mini pumpkin cheesecake pan in the shape of... yep, you guessed it... Pumpkins! Very cute! makes 12! Which of course is fabulous because that is exactly what the recipe makes... 12! So I went to work and it turns out that I can indeed follow a recipe! Yay me! They came out not only super delicous, but very cute as well! A big hit for sure! :)


You can't really see the pumpkin shape in this picture but they are still cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment