Friday, October 9, 2009

Cake Decorating Class

I'm taking my first Wilton Cake Decorating Class at Michaels right now. :) Very fun. 1st week was pretty informational and letting us know what tools we need to buy for the course and what we'll be covering. So my $22 4 week course is now costing what??? Ok, but moving on....

We decorated our first cake of the course today! It was fun! Here it is for your viewing pleasure. OK, try not to laugh. This was my first try. I will get better I promise. But I think its pretty OK for my 1st. And BTW, I did not pick out the Rainbow, just so ya know. :) It was in the book and it was either that or a character cake, and I'm not so much into those either. Apparantly there are 'things' said about what rainbows mean, but I lay no claim to any of them. It's just a cake OK! lol

And since Jacob, my nephew, is here on leave from Afghanistan (yayyyyy!!!), we are getting together tommorrow to see him and so I'm bringing him this beautiful cake as a token of my love and affection ;). I figured he would just LOVE the rainbow! :) Oh well, he has a great sense of humor so at least he will get a laugh out of it (though he did tell me that he doesn't swing that way).
I'll be sure to post a picture of next week's cake too... clowns! Seriously?! Another favorite of mine! NOT!!! FYI... I will never, unless there is some random unforseen reason like an act of God (or one of my children is seriously delerious and BEGS me to, though that is highly doubtful), make a cake with a rainbow OR clowns (of any kind), unless that is the order of business due to a class! OH.... unless of course someone PAYS me to! Then of course that's an entirely DIFFERENT STORY... :)
BTW.... this is what the cake is actually SUPPOSED to look like (at least according to the picture in our course book). :) Not ALL that different. ;) Close enough. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment